The Battalion left Eswars at 1800 hours and proceeded to take over Suport Area of the 4th Canadian Infantry Brigade northeast of Iwuy. The relief was complete at 2115 hours and the night remained quiet. No casualties were reported. The dispositions of the companies were as follows:-“B” Company, right front, “D” Company left front. “A” Company right read. “C” Company, left rear. Battalion headquarters was at Chateau N.29.e.65.40. Lieut E.W.Edwards on returning from attachment to the 4th Canadian Infantry Brigade was posted to Battalion Headquarters. The Battalion Transport and Rear Details remained at Eswars.
Image: Trench mortar referred to as minenwerfers used by the German armies in the Canal du Nord during the Canadian advance east of Arras, Courtesy of Library and Archives Canada.