On the afternoon of September 28th the battalion moved to Hindenburg Support Line at D.4.8 (Ref.Sheet 57.C.1/40000) with battalion headquarters located at D.4.c.50.80 (Ref.Sheet 57.1 1/40000). This move was in conjunction with the moves of the 2nd Canadian Division, due to operations by the Canadian Corps in the area. Our division was held in Corps Reserve having held the line up to a day before zero.
Image: German incendiary shells bursting in village captured by Canadians. Advance East of Arras. September, 1918, Courtesy of Library and Archives Canada.