At 5.00pm in the afternoon of August 29th the Battalion moved from bivouac area, west of Wancourt to Southern Arras and occupied billets on Rue de Beaufort, with Battalion Headquarters and Headquarters Sections in a Convent on Rue de Promenade. On account of casualties which the battalion sustained on August 26th, 27th and 28th Lieutenant F. G. Robinson was appointed to temporarily command “B” Company. Rear headquarters and details left out of the line were stationed at Bagenville until the afternoon of August 26th, when they moved to Agnicourt. At 5.00pm August 29th the rear details, including a draft of fifty five other ranks which had arrived on August 27th, moved to Arras and rejoined the Battalion.
Image: Doctors attending to patients at Casualty Clearing Station near Arras. Advance East to Arras. August, 1918, Courtesy of Library and Archives Canada.